KERMIT Upload/download software
How to upload files onto your HP48
Firstly upload software must be installed onto your PC.
Download Kermit to your disk or PC if there
is no software already installed.
A Serial Interface cable
The cable is connected to one of the serial
ports at the rear of the PC.
COM1 is usually a male 9 pin com port ( the mouse port )
COM2 is usually the male 25 pin com port ( if you have an adapter )
The other end of the cable connects to a plug at the top end of the
HP48 ( a 4-pin port ).
Configuring the Kermit
- in DOS mode type kermit
- type set po 2 (if using com 2 (25 pin))
kermit defaults to com1
- type set ba 9 (sets baud rate to 9600 bps)
kermit defaults to the 2400
- type cwd drive/directory
kermit defaults to the drive/directory where kermit is stored
(the drive or directory where the programs are stored eg: a:
Setting up the HP48 to receive
- Press the left-shift (purple) key then 1 (I/O)
- Press the IOPAR menu key. The HP48 I/O parameters
will then be displayed.
- If the IR/wire mode is set to IR then
Press the IR menu key so that wire is displayed
- If the baud rate displayed is not 9600 then
type in 9600 then the BAUD menu key.
- Get to the HP48 directory where you wish the program to
be uploaded to
- Press the right-shift (blue) key then the > key
so that Awaiting Server Cmd. is displayed.
- At the kermit prompt type send program where program
is the name of the program to be uploaded.
ABN 68 801 812 834
PO Box 1035 LEICHHARDT NSW 2040 AUSTRALIA
Tel/Fax +61 2 9550 0010
Last Update: 18th March 2001